Fort Collins has something for just about anyone and conveniently Visit Fort Collins has suggested itineraries to choose from. Whether you’re new to town, have someone visiting or want to rediscover this awesome town, check out the Visit Fort Collins website. See below for their Art Lover itinerary.
We value the arts in Fort Collins and display our local talent throughout the community. In Old Town public art can be seen down alley ways, on electrical boxes and statues placed all around the area. Pianos About Town, painted by local artists, can be seen in different Fort Collins locations, while art shops line the Old Town streets. Fort Collins is an art lover’s paradise thanks to the art that encompasses the town. Experience the artsy town of Fort Collins with eyes wide open.
Check into a room at the Downtown Artery
The Downtown Artery is one of the most unique places Fort Collins has to offer. The Downtown Artery is a lively environment for the arts, playing host to over 40 visual and performing artists while showcasing a state of the art music venue, recording studio, cafe’, and art gallery. If you could sum it up in one word it would probably be ‘eclectic’. Plus, with three rooms available, the Artery offers you the chance to sleep in an art gallery/professional artists workspace.
252-254 Linden Street
- Starry Night, 112 S College Ave #100, locally roasted, organic fair trade coffee served to the community of Fort Collins for over 20 years.
- Little Bird Bakeshop, 11 Old Town Square #121, local delicious, made-from-scratch pastries, cakes, pies and every other sweet treat you desire.
Visit the Fort Collins Museum of Art
Housed in the old Post Office of Fort Collins this art museum is in and of itself, a piece of art.
Check out The Center for Fine Art Photography and Trimble Court Artisans
The Center for Fine Art Photography displays photo exhibitions in three galleries and offers free admission, and Trimble Court Artisans features artistic goods for sale from local artists.
- Big Al’s Burgers and Dogs, 140 W Mountain Ave, serves up all American classic type of grub like gourmet hot dogs, creative cheeseburgers and hand-cut fries.
- Choice City Butcher and Deli, 104 W Olive St, a true Fort Collins hidden gem serving up some of the best breakfast, sandwiches, burgers and cuts of meat around.
Visit the Bas Bleu Gallery, 401 Pine Street
Housed in the historic Giddings Building, the Bas Bleu Gallery in Fort Collins hosts six visual art exhibits a year, featuring local and regional artists. This is also the home to Bas Bleu Theatre Company, which hosts a number of plays throughout the year.
First Friday Art Walk
Enjoy Downtown Fort Collins’ thriving gallery scene! The walk features nearly 20 galleries located all within walking distance in historic Downtown Fort Collins. This event occurs every first Friday of each month.
- RARE Italian, 101 S College Ave, a unique restaurant in Old Town Fort Collins that has perfected a delicious farm-to-table Italian cuisine as it is prepared and enjoyed in Italy.
- The Kitchen, 100 N College Ave, a relaxed American Bistro serving up great tasting, real food sourced from American farmers.
After Dinner Drinks:
- Elliot’s Martini Bar, 234 Linden St, one of Fort Collins’ first craft cocktail bars serving up creative and sophisticated martinis.
- Blue Door, 214 Linden St, an authentic and innovative mixology bar that is only recognizable from the outside by its blue door.