I found this recipe years ago at Inside Bru Crew Life and it has been a holiday favorite ever since. SERIOUSLY, each time I make these I get so many requests for the recipe. Impress all your friends and bring the holiday cheer with these delicious cookies.
Peppermint Crunch Oreo Cookies
1 box white cake mix
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 ounces cream cheese softened
1 cup Oreo cookie chunks
1 cup Andes Peppermint Crunch pieces + extra
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips + extra
- Combine cake mix, butter, egg, extracts, and cream cheese. mix until a soft dough forms.
- Stir in the cookie chunks, peppermint crunch pieces and chocolate chips gently. Refrigerate the dough for at least 60 minutes. The longer, the better. The dough should not stick to your hands when you roll it.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop or roll the dough into 24 balls. Place 23 on a baking sheet and the other 12 in the fridge.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes Do not over bake. The cookies will be very soft and look undone when you take them out.
- Let the cookies sit on the hot cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes, then gently remove them gently with a thin mental spatula to a piece of parchment paper on the counter.
- If the cookies are extra puffy, tap the tops with the bottom of the flat spatula. Press extra chocolate chips to peppermint pieces into the tops of the hot cookies. Let them sit until completely cool. Store in a sealed container.